When considering orthodontic treatment we will always address the following series of questions and carefully assess what the patient wants:
- What are the patient values and preferences (Patient important outcomes or Patient centered outcomes)?
- What is the best research evidence on the necessary orthodontic treatment?
- Is this the correct timing for starting orthodontic treatment or is it better to wait?
- Are the treatment benefits worth the potential adverse effects and costs?
- What is the most efficient and comfortable appliance for treating the patient’s orthodontic problem?